Whipped Vegan Feta with Garlic and Herbs Topped with Roasted Tomatoes
My vegan take on the whipped feta trend using creamy tofu. This dip is delicious, full of flavour and will have your friends and family guessing as to what it’s made of. Perfect for sandwiches or dipping. You won’t know this is tofu is it transforms from a bland block of soy into a delicious creamy dip!
What’s in the recipe?
Tofu- To replace the feta trend, I’ve used tofu. Don’t worry, this isn’t a bland flavour, by adding all of the other ingredients this is a delicious dip.
Herbs- I’ve used oregano, thyme and dill (all dried) for the tofu dip then topped it with fresh oregano leaves to garnish.
Garlic- This is a brilliant ingredient and would definitely recommend. If you want to use garlic cloves, add 3-4 whole cloves to the tray with the tomatoes, then once roasted, squeeze out the middle into the food processor and blend.
Tomatoes- Perfect to top this dip as all of the delicious sweet and tangy juice from the middle melts into the tofu dip
Olive Oil- Really recommend using extra virgin olive oil as it won’t need to be heated. It’ll have a better more refined flavour within the tofu and to garnish.
Whipped Garlic & Herb Tofu with Roasted Tomatoes
- 350 g tofu I use cauldron organic firm tofu block
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed just the juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked black Pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/ tsp thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh dill
- chopped pickled gherkin a smallish sized one
- 200 g roasted cherry tomatoes with lots of salt
- Toasted sourdough or crackers
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- fresh herbs such as basil or oregano
- Start by whacking the oven up to 200ºC (fan) placing the tomatoes on a roasting tray, drizzle in olive oil and coat in a generous pinch of salt and roast for 25-30 minutes
- In a food processor add all of the ingredients and blitz until creamy smooth, plate up then top with the roasted tomatoes, a generous glug of extra virgin olive oil, pepper, chilli flakes and fresh oregano or basil