Easiest 2 Ingredients Chocolate Chickpea Bark
This has to be the easiest 2 ingredients chocolate chickpea bark. With a little boost of protein, this snack is incredibly easy and great to make in bulk. Perfect vegan fridge snack.This Chocolate Chickpea Bark is crispy, crunchy, and perfect for the fridge.
Is it really just 2 ingredients?
Chickpeas- Tinned cooked chickpeas are best. Drain them from the tin, wash and rinse, then pat dry before roasting them.
Chocolate- Using a dark vegan friendly chocolate for this recipe, but use whatever you have at hand.
Pat dry the chickpeas- This helps when baking, to get a crispy chickpea inside and out
Leave to cool once out of the oven- Set the chickpeas aside so they can cool before adding the melted chocolate
Set in the fridge- To make the crispy bark, set in the fridge. Option to sprinkle them with sea salt if you want a salt but creamy snack.
Why make this 2 ingredient chocolate chickpeas:
Perfect Fridge Snack
Added bit of protein from the chickpeas
Crunchy and Crispy Texture
2 Ingredient Crispy Chocolate Chickpea Bark
- 400 g tinned chickpeas when drained it usually weighs around 240g
- 100 g melted chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan and line a baking tray with grease proof paper
- Start by rinsing the tin of chickpeas then lay out on a lined baking tray, pat dry with a tea towel and remove any loose husks (this is the little skin that coats the chickpeas)
- Make sure the chickpeas are spread out to help get a crispy bake, then add to the oven for around 40 minutes, when they come out they should be nice and crispy, if they're still chewy, add them in for a further 10 minutes
- Once out of the oven, set aside to cool, then melt down the chocolate
- Mix the chocolate and chickpeas, then spread on onto a lined tray or plate, to make sure it makes the bark, make sure the chickpeas are touching, leave to set then enjoy