Summer Grilled Courgette and Potato Salad
This Grilled Courgette and Potato Salad is a brilliant summer recipe. It celebrates seasonal courgettes pairing them with a simple potato salad. The dressing is really simple, just being freshly squeezed lemon, extra virgin olive oil and salt, it couldn’t be easier.
What Ingredients Do I Need?
Grilled Courgette- The summer season is perfect for using up courgettes, roughly chop them ad a diagonal angle to make them nice and chunky. Lightly season them with a little salt and pepper before grilling.
Potatoes- This pairs perfectly with the juicy courgettes. Crispy roasted potatoes work brilliantly in this salad, adding a salty and crunchy texture.
Lemon, dill and olive oil- the best and easiest dressing is freshly squeezed lemon, fresh dill and extra virgin olive oil.
Cooking Tips To Make This Grilled Courgette Salad:
Season throughout- The tip to a good salad is balancing flavours and seasoning. The crispy roasted potatoes are full of flavour from the rosemary and thyme, but it also helps to add loads of salt to the skin. Another step is to season the courgettes before grilling to really bring out their flavour.
Grill the courgettes in olive oil- If you’re using a grill pan, using a little drizzle of olive oil helps prevent them from sticking to the pan.
Adding toasted seeds makes all the difference- If you’re not adding toasted seeds or nuts to salads, give it a try. It really does transform a recipe.
If you like this recipe why not try:
Grilled Courgette and Potato Salad
- 250 g baby potatoes roughly quartered
- 1 tbsp olive oil to roast the potatoes
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 large courgette roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp vegan greek style yogurt
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
For the dressing
- 1/2 large lemon squeezed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh dill
- Start by preheating the oven to 200ºC fan
- Wash and roughly quarter the baby potatoes, add to a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and top with fresh thyme and rosemary, toss till all the potatoes are coated and pop in the oven for around 30 minutes
- Prepare the courgettes by roughly chopping then adding to a griddle pan or a bbq and grill until you get those delicious lines, option to season with salt
- Take a peek at the potatoes, turning on the baking tray and bake for a final 15 minutes or until crispy
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the ingredients together, it helps if the stalks are removed from the dill
- Spread the yogurt onto a plate, add the roasted crispy potatoes and grilled courgettes, then drizzle over that delicious dressing toasted pine nuts and enjoy