The EASIEST Vegan Peanut Butter Curry
Ready in 15 minutes, this vegan peanut butter curry recipe is so simple to make. You can cook it big batches for the week, freezer friendly and uses cheap ingredients. I love making this in batches so you have enough left over for lunch the next day. You can also leave this in a slow cooker to simmer away whilst at work.
How to make a quick peanut butter curry vegan?
Tinned Tomatoes- This is such a key and cheap ingredient, the tomatoes really bring the richness to the curry.
Coconut Milk- Just to stress, I’m using TINNED coconut milk for this recipe, preferably the full fat kind. We want as much richness to this dish as possible.
Chickpeas- Such a cheap and easy way to bulk out a recipe as well as getting a bit of protein in.
Curry Powder- Now this could ruffle some feathers, but we’re not making a master piece, we’re making a quick and easy curry. I’ve used mild curry powder for this recipe.
Peanut Butter- I love using a rich peanut butter such as Manilife or Pip ‘n’ Nut as they offer a delicious flavour of roasted peanuts. If you were to make a traditional peanut curry you would use nuts, but again, we’re keeping this simple and accessible.
15 Minute Vegan Peanut Butter Curry
- 2 shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- Thumb sized piece ginger
- 2 peppers
- 1 tan of chickpeas drained
- 400 ml tinned coconut milk full fat
- 400 ml tinned tomatoes
- 1 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Large pinch salt & pepper
- 50 g spinach
- Squeeze of 1 lime
- Sprinkle Of chilli flakes
- Roughly chop the shallots, ginger and garlic and get into a hot pan with a drizzle of oil
- In the meantime chop the peppers, add to the pan
- After a minute or two add the drained chickpeas and tinned tomatoes
- Add the spices and seasoning followed by the coconut milk
- Stir together on a high heat then add in the peanut butter
- Add the spinach just before serving and sprinkle with chilli flakes and a good squeeze of lime