Toasted Fold Over Wrap
Inspired by the Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme, I keep seeing this idea for toasting tortillas. The filling is so simple to make, just chickpeas, guac, tomato & sweetcorn with vegan cheese. It’s perfect for lunch times or for those evenings where you can’t be bothered to cook!
What makes the fold over? The way you create this fold over wrap is by using two tortillas, one smaller in diameter than the other. You stack the filling up on the centre of the larger wrap, top with the smaller one then fold over the edges and toast to create the seal.
Let’s get into the recipe, what will you need?
Tortillas- Using two different sized tortillas for each fold over will help create the fold needed. I’ve uploaded a video to show you exactly how I created mine.
Chickpeas- A tasty filling and a hit of protein for all you herbivores. I’ve seasoned this one with cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, oregano and salt toasted in a drizzle of olive oil. You can use an entire tin of chickpeas if you like leftovers but remember to double up the spices.
Avocado- For a creamy filling I mashed avocado with salt & pepper, you can add chilli flakes and onion powder if you want to make it even more delicious.
Vegan Cheese- You want a delicious vegan cheese that will melt easily. For this I used Violife grated cheese.
Find my recipe videos on Instagram
Vegan Toasted Fold Over Wrap
- 4 soft tortillas I used large 25cm wraps
- 200g drained chickpeas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, oregano, chilli flakes 1/2 tsp of each spice
For the filling
- 1/2 avocado seasoned with salt & pepper
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce shredded
- 4 tbsp plant based mayo
- 4 tbsp sweetcorn
- 1 large tomato
- 2 tbsp vegan cheese around 60g
- Start by mashing the chickpeas with the mixed spices then add to a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil and fry for around 5 minutes
- Meanwhile prep all of the filling by mixing the sweetcorn and chopped tomato, smashing the avocado with the salt and pepper and slicing the iceberg lettuce
- Cut out a smaller circle on 2 of the tortillas (this is to layer on top, see my video for reference)
- Using the two larger tortillas, layer up the filling, there is no strict order, just try and balance it up then place the smaller tortilla circle on top
- Fold the edges of the larger tortilla over the top of the smaller on and add back to the frying pan you used for the chickpeas, fold down and toast for a few minutes
- Toast on the other side to make nice and crispy