Paprika Sweetcorn Ribs with Lime & Chilli Dressing
Crispy sweetcorn ribs covered in smoked paprika and served with a fresh zingy lime and chilli salsa. This recipe is vegan friendly and easy to make! Perfect for Summer BBQ’s this flavour packed recipe is one of my favourites to make for friends and family.
What Ingredients are in the Sweetcorn Ribs?
Corn- For this recipe (which yields 8 ribs) I’ve just used two pieces of raw corn.
Smoked Paprika- This ingredient helps with that delicious smokey but slightly sweet flavour which works beautifully with the corn kernels.
Olive oil- I’ve used olive oil to coat the ribs in, but you can use melted vegan butter for this recipe with the smoked paprika mixed in.
Lime & Chilli Dressing – Togo with the smokey rich sweetcorn I thought a zingy and fresh salsa type dressing would be perfect.
How to get the perfect corn ribs? I find for a really crispy corn rib, you want to roast them at 200ºC (fan oven) for around 45 minutes. Take them out of the oven half way through roasting, turn and make sure they’re evenly coated in all of the delicious juices and flavours.
Cutting corn ribs- It’s no surprise that there are loads of chopping accidents when making these ribs. You need a sharp knife to get a clean slice. You can parboil the sweetcorn for 10 minutes to soften them slightly before chopping. I find standing them upright and using a seasaw motion when chopping really helps, that way it slowly slices the rib rather then putting loads of pressure on the knife and it slippi
Paprika Corn Ribs with Lime & Chilli Salsa
For the corn
- 2 pieces of fresh corn sliced into 4 strips per corn
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch salt & pepper
- Pinch dried thyme
For the lime and chilli dressing
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 1/2 red chilli finely chopped
- 1/2 lime squeezed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Handful fresh parsley and basil chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (fan)
- Using a see-saw motion, slice the pieces of corn into ribs then brush them in the olive oil, sprinkle over the smoke paprika and a generous pinch of salt then toss to ensure all the surfaces are coated
- Pop in the oven for 25 minutes, flip over to make sure all sides are covered then place back in the oven for a further 25 minutes
- Prepare the chilli and lime dressing by chopping the ingredients as finely as possible, mix together, then once the corn ribs are baked, pour over the dressing and enjoy
If you like this recipe why not try my Smashed Potatoes & Pesto