These Easy Crispy Cauliflower Tacos with Lime Vegan Mayo Dressing are SO SIMPLE
Perfect for nights where you want to throw something in the oven and come back when it’s cooked. These crispy cauliflower florets work perfectly in tacos, or soft wraps, filled with whatever salad you have in your fridge. I’ve chosen a simple quick red onion pickle along with lettuce, and a lime mayonnaise.
Lets get into the recipe
Vegenaise- I’ve chose Follow Your Heart Avocado Oil Vegenaise for this recipe (as it was with a project with them). Top tip when mixing with the lime juice, use a small spoon and whip it up to make it extra smooth and delicious.
Soft shell wraps- I’ve used a plain tortilla wrap which is just popped on an open flame to toast and set them into the taco shape. You can use crispy taco shells if you would prefer.
Cauliflower- If you’re making for 2 as the recipe suggests, one large cauliflower head will work. But if you’re cooking for more, remember to double up!
- Pickling- if you’re pickling, prep this step first by thinly slicing the red onion then pickling in a jar mixed with the vinegar, water, salt and sugar.
- The texture of the batter should be that of a pancake, runny but thick enough that it’ll coat the cauliflower without leaving the top bare (adjust this by simply adding a little more flour or oat milk depending on whether it’s too thick or thin)
- You can fill these tacos with any salad you have available, lettuce, spinach, rocket, you name it! I’ve sprinkled sesame seeds on top however this isn’t essential.
Crispy Cauliflower Tacos with Lime Vegenaise
For the Cauliflower
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 4 tbsp plant based milk
For the Vegan Mayonnaise (Vegenaise)
- 4 tbsp Follow Your Heart Avocado Oil Vegenaise
- 1/2 small lime squeezed
- 8 small taco shells (or soft tortillas toasted)
Quick Pickle Recipe
- finely sliced red onion
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC
For the cauliflower
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, stir in the oat milk and whisk together then add the cauliflower florets and coat in the mix
- Place the coated cauliflower apart on a greased baking tray and bake for around 40 minutes (turn after 20 minutes to allow each side to get crispy)
- Prepare the tacos whilst the cauliflower cooks by pickling the red onion, toasting the wraps, filling with lettuce or whatever filling you've chosen to go with
- To make the mayo dressing, simply mix in the lime juice with the vegenaise
- Once baked and crispy, assemble the tacos, top with the quick pickled onion with a generous layer of the Follow Your Heart lime infused vegenaise
- If pickling the red onions, prep this step first by thinly slicing the red onion then pickling in a jar mixed with the vinegar, water, salt and sugar.
- The texture of the batter should be that of a pancake, runny but thick enough that it'll coat the cauliflower without leaving the top bare (adjust this by simply adding a little more flour or oat milk depending on whether it's too thick or thin)
- You can fill these tacos with any salad you have available, lettuce, spinach, rocket, you name it! I've sprinkled sesame seeds on top however this isn't essential.