Delicious and Easy Cheesy Vegan Quesadillas with a Creamy Corn Salsa
Whether you’re making these quesadillas for breakfast, lunch or dinner I feel like this recipe works at any time of the day. This vegan friendly recipe works in a hot pan or a George Foreman grill. This recipe was a sponsored post from Follow Your Heart over on my instagram.
Let’s get into the quesadilla recipe
Wraps– You want a good quality wrap for this recipe, you can use wholemeal, seeded or white wraps for this recipe. Whatever you can get your hands on will be fine!
Mixed Beans- I usually get a 300g tin of mixed beans which has chickpeas, kidney beans, black beans and borlotti beans. If you just have chickpeas, or one type of bean this will work of course!
Vegan Cheese- I’m a big fan of the smoked gouda from follow your heart too, it gives a delicious smokey flavour to this recipe.
Vegenaise- The product I was showcasing in the recipe is the Follow Your Heart Avocado Oil Vegenaise which works a treat! Creamy, silky smooth and works perfectly with the corn ‘salsa’ on top.
Cheesy Vegan Quesadillas With Corn Salsa
For the quesadillas:
- 4 large tortillas 2 Per person
- 6 slices Follow Your Heart Smoked Gouda
- 400g tin mixed beans chickpeas, butter beans kidney beans, black beans
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp onion powder
For the corn mayo salsa:
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart Avocado Oil Vegenaise
- 50 g drained corn
- ½ red onion finely diced
- ½ red pepper finely diced
- Squeeze 1/2 lime optional
- Start by dicing the pepper and onion and frying with a drizzle of olive oil for five minutes before adding all of the dried herbs and spices along with the mixed beans (drained)
- Fry for a further 5 minutes then set aside
- Load up one side of the tortilla wrap by layering on a few slices of the Smoked Gouda followed by the filling, top with more cheese then place the other tortilla on top, repeat with the other then fry or grill until the inside is melted
- Make the salsa by simply mixing all of the ingredients together with the Follow Your Heart Avocado Oil Vegenaise then garnish on top of the quesadillas once toasted and beautifully melted on the inside