5 Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Oreo Tart
Chocolate lovers will LOVE this recipe as it’s not for the faint of heart. Chocolate, coconut milk, oreos and biscoff are the main ingredients for this recipe which takes less than 20 minutes to make. It’s a great recipe to use if you’re cooking for friends and family or if you’re looking for a no- bake recipe.
What’s in the recipe?
Chocolate- I like using a dark sugary chocolate such as Bournville. All though there’s rumours this isn’t vegan friendly so be sure to use your favourite brand.
Coconut Cream- I use the thick top of coconut cream you find in tinned full fat coconut milk. If you don’t have this, simply use coconut oil or vegan butter. It’ll make a thinner texture of ganache but still creamy and delicious.
Vegan butter- I use just a little vegan butter to help bind the oreo crumb base
Oreos- If you blend oreos in a food processor they made a brilliant base for a tart or cheesecake. I find the ones with double thickness (so more of the creamy middle layer) are better as it binds the base better. To help bind it further I add melted vegan butter, but only enough to just bind it as too much butter will make it almost wet in texture.
Tips for making the tart:
Heating the chocolate- Using a bain marie will ensure the chocolate and coconut cream will melt down together. If you melt the chocolate then add in the coconut cream it might curdle the chocolate, so melting them slowly together will work beautifully.
Don’t add too much vegan butter- If you melt down the vegan butter and pour in a little at a time whilst mixing the oreo base it’ll ensure it doesn’t get too ‘wet’. If you add too much butter it’ll make the base really stodgy and difficult to cut.
5 Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Tart
- 2 packs 300g of Oreos
- 2 bars 360g of bournville chocolate (quick before they change the recipe)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 400 ml full fat tinned coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp biscoff spread
- Start by blitzing the oreos until a crumble, then add the melted vegan butter and mix until combined
- Pour into a small cake tin with a removable base (18cm) and press down to form the base
- In a Bain Marie melt the chocolate and the coconut cream you get at the top of the tin together (try to leave the liquid in the coconut tin as it’s just the thick coconut cream we want)
- Pour on top of the Oreo base and tap on a solid surface to remove any air bubbles, pop in the fridge and leave to set for 2+ hours
- Once set pour over a few tbsp of melted biscoff