Easiest Vegan Tomato Pasta Recipe
This recipe is perfect for batch cooking for lunch time, made in less than 20 minutes and vegan friendly. It’s so simple, you can adapt it to fit whatever veggies you have in your fridge but the main ingredients are tinned tomatoes, pasta, garlic and oregano.
Tinned Tomatoes – Using tinned tomatoes helps keep this recipe simple, cheap and easy to make all year round. You can swap for fresh tomatoes if you’re lucky enough to have around 500g and they’re in season.
Garlic- I’ve used 3-4 cloves in this recipe however depending on how strong you like it, feel free to add another for a really punchy dish.
Oregano, Basil & Thyme- These dried herbs are always knocking around in my cupboard, ready for soups and pasta dishes like this. I’ve used the same measurement of oregano to bail with a pinch of thyme.
15 Minute Tomato Pasta
- 1 red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 courgette
- 1 small broccoli head
- 400 g tinned tomatoes
- large portions of pasta to serve 2
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp sage
- Large pinch salt & pepper
- 1 cup of pasta water added at the end
- 100 g spinach
- Pop the kettle on, pour the boiling water into a pot then add the pasta to boil straight away
- Fry off the chopped onion for a 3-4 minutes before adding the chopped garlic, courgette and broccoli
- After another 3-4 minutes of frying add the tinned tomatoes and season with the basil, oregano and sage
- Once it's bubbled for a further 2 minutes, add a cup full of the pasta water and add to the pan and keep on a high heat until the pasta is ready
- Drain the rest of the pasta, throw it in the pan with the tomato sauce, add the spinach, give it a stir & season generously with salt and pepper
- Top with breadcrumbs or vegan Parmesan if you’re feeling fancy!
If you like this recipe why not try my Cheesy Pasta Recipe