Christmas Vegan Pinwheels – 4 Ingredients
Christmas Vegan Pinwheels with a savoury filling of sausages and chutney. It’s such an easy 4 ingredient recipe which means it’s cheap and really simple.
How do you make these Christmas Vegan Pinwheels?
Puff Pastry- It’s easy to find plant based puff pastry these days as most of them are made with vegetable oil. Remember to take it out of the fridge around 20 minutes before to prevent it cracking when you unroll it.
Christmas Chutney- This makes a fantastic festive flavour, so whether its caramelised onion and fig, or a spiced chutney, it works perfectly.
Vegan Sausages- If you’re using frozen veggie sausages, make sure they are at room temperature before adding to the pinwheels. You can microwave them or oven roast for around 8 minutes to thaw out.
Tamari- I say this in every puff pastry recipe, but it really is the best ingredient to coat the pastry in. If you don’t have tamari melt down vegan butter with a pinch of smoked paprika.
Christmas Vegan Pinwheels 4 Ingredients
- 1 sheet of puff pastry around 375g
- 180 g vegan sausages
- 5 tbsp festive chutney
- 1 tbsp Tamari substitute for melted vegan butter and smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 200°c fan
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet then spoon on the chutney until lightly covered
- Mash up the veggie sausages and add to the sheet of pastry (you want to think of it as three layers, the pastry, the chutney and the sausages)
- Roll up the pastry so you have one huge long sausage shape then with a sharp knife divide into two, then repeat until you have around 8-12 pinwheels
- Brush each pinwheel in either tamari OR melt down a few tbsp vegan butter and add 1 tsp smoked paprika and coat generously
- Pop in the oven for around 23-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden
If you like this recipe why not try my 4 ingredient Sausage Rolls