Garlic, Ginger and Soy Glazed Tenderstem
This simple dish takes literally minutes to prepare and is the perfect bit on the side to accompany a tasty stir fry. It’s vegan friendly, requires minimal effort and creates the perfect side dish.
Top tip: Don’t chop the stems! It’s where loads of the flavour and crunch is, and by gently boiling or steaming followed by charring makes it perfect for dipping in your tamari dressing.
Charred Tenderstem with Ginger & Soy Dipping Sauce
Deliciously charred tenderstem with a garlic, ginger and soy dipping sauce topped with toasted sesame seeds. You can use this recipe as part of a stir fry or as a side plate.
- 220 g Tenderstem®
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp tamari
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp garlic minced
- 3 cm piece of ginger grated
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and gently simmer the Tenderstem® for around 3 minutes then take off the heat and drain the water
- Place a griddle pan on a medium- high heat, add the sesame seeds and gently boiled tenderstem
- Grill on each side for around 3 minutes then take off the heat
- In a small bowl, mix the tamari, minced garlic, grated ginger and chilli flakes and mix together
- Plate up the charred tenderstem and sesame seeds and drizzle the dressing or use as a dipping sauce