Ultimate Breakfast Scrambled Tofu Toasted Wrap
This crunchy toasted scrambled tofu breakfast wrap is perfect for the weekends or even lunch time. It’s full of flavour and you can prep all the fillings ahead of time. You can easily scale this recipe up to make for multiple people, there will be enough tofu to make 2-3 more wraps or leave it in a tub for tomorrow’s breakfast.
Scrambled Tofu- I’ve mastered this recipe, no dry crumbly tofu here. I mix half of the tofu block with oat milk and seasoning to add to the crumbled tofu to make a silky texture, just like a good scrambled egg. I use firm tofu for this recipe, but you could use 1/2 block of firm tofu for the larger texture pieces and then silken tofu for the creamy texture, it’s up to you.
Turmeric- This helps with that gorgeous yellow colour, it adds a bit of flavour too.
Dijon Mustard- You want to add just a little of this to give a sharpness and a depth of flavour.
Zingy Avo- I find using creamy mayo, green chilli and seasoning really works with the tofu. If you want, add fresh basil or parsley to the avocado for even more flavour.
Sriracha Mayo- This is such a key element to the recipe, if you don’t like spice try adding just vegan mayo, but the sriracha gives a gorgeous flavour to go with the creamy avo and golden tofu.
Be sure to get the other 1/2 of the tofu nice and creamy, it should be runny but not as thin as actual oat milk. It will thicken with the tofu but help keep it creamy and delicious.
Add fresh herbs as an option, fresh parsley or coriander will help bring more flavour to the avocado mix.
Toast the wrap in a non stick pan to ensure a nice crunchy outer, without it sticking the the pan and causing mayhem in the kitchen.
Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Wrap
For the tofu scramble:
- 350 g block of firm tofu Divide in half and follow instructions
- 180 ml plant based milk
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt & pepper to season
For the Zingy Avo
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 green chilli
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
To make the wrap
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- Tortilla wrap
- 2 tbsp Sriracha mayo
- Start by draining then halving the tofu, crumbling on half into a pan with a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of the turmeric powder and fry on a low-medium heat for 3-4- minutes
- Meanwhile add the other 1/2 of the tofu block to a blender with the plant based milk, turmeric powder, nutritional yeast, dijon mustard and a good pinch of salt and pepper, blend until smooth then pour into the frying pan with the broken up tofu, stir until combined to create a scrambled egg texture
- Create the zingy avo mix by mashing all of the ingredients together
- After 2 minutes take the tofu off the heat then assemble the wraps with the avo, scrambled tofu, fresh tomatoes and sriracha
- Fold the wraps then add back to the frying pan and toast on each side until crunchy and enjoy
If you like this recipe, why not try my Kimchi ‘Cheese’ Foldover Wrap