Easy Roasted Pepper Pasta Recipe
Perfect for batch cooking, this roasted pepper and garlic pasta dish can be doubled up in portions or frozen. The sauce can be whipped up and popped into freezer bags for evenings where you’re not sure what to cook. Simply heat until creamy and smooth and stir in with cooked pasta. Delicious!
Let’s Get Into The Recipe
Garlic- I’ve kept the skins on for this recipe as it helps prevent the garlic cloves from burning in the pan when roasting. You can peel them off before adding to the blender but it works just as well with the skin kept on.
Peppers- I’ve used bell peppers for this recipe however it will also work for romano peppers.
Dried Herbs- I’ve used a mix of dried basil, thyme, rosemary and sage as these work beautifully together. It can be adapted to what you have in your cupboards but just remember you want around 2 tbsp of herbs to make sure the flavour comes through.
Vegan Mozzarella- This isn’t an essential ingredient but if you want a cheesy pasta, add a good handful (around 80g) to make this the ultimate comfort food. If you’re a nutritional yeast lover, simply swap the mozzarella for around 1tbsp of nutritional yeast instead.
Vegan Creme Fraiche- I used a vegan creme fraiche (oatly) however you can use vegan single cream. Note it’ll be a little thinner in texture. You can always thicken it by adding a handful of cashew nuts.
Salt & Pepper- Don’t forget to season generously with salt and pepper. Pasta loves nothing more than these two ingredients so don’t scrimp! I season the water to boil the pasta as well as the veg before roasting, and then another pinch to the sauce for good measure.
Roasted Pepper & Garlic Pasta
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 3 cloves garlic skin on
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 125 ml plant based milk
- 150 ml vegan creme fraiche sub for vegan single cream *will be thinner in texture
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Large pinch salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil to add to the blender
- Handful of vegan mozzarella optional
- 5-6 Tendetstem
- Roughly chop the peppers and quarter the onion, add to a tray with 1 tbsp olive oil, the dried herbs and garlic cloves to roast for 40-45 mins at 180°C
- Add approx 200g dried pasta (enough to serve 4) to a pot of boiling water, and cook until al dente. Add the tenderstem to a steaming rack above the pasta, or simply add to the pot with the boiling pasta for the last 5 minutes of cooking
- Once the veg is cooked, add to a blender along with the oat milk, creme fraiche, olive oil, salt and pepper and blitz until smooth
- Drain the pasta (saving a bit of water) then mix together with the pasta sauce, on a low heat, adding in the mozzarella (optional ingredient). taste test adding a little more dried basil if needed
- Add the tenderstem on top, sprinkle another pinch of salt and black pepper over the top and enjoy!