Easy Protein Creamy Tofu Pasta
This protein tofu pasta is creamy, full of flavour and easy to make. It’s ready in 15 minutes and naturally vegan. You can make the sauce as thicker, and it’s easy to reheat for lunch. If you want to reheat this recipe just be sure to add a little more liquid, give it a good stir.
What’s in the Creamy Tofu Sauce?
Tofu- It’s no surprise the main ingredient is tofu, you can use firm or silken for this recipe! If you use firm, you might need a little more liquid to get a silky texture.
Pasta- In this recipe it’s spaghetti but any pasta will work perfectly with this creamy tofu sauce.
Plant based milk- Using a plant based milk such as almond or oat will give a subtle flavour but won’t overpower the recipe. It you want this recipe to be even creamier, add a vegan single cream (in the U.S I think they call it half and half).
Garlic- This ingredient is important to add a delicious flavour because garlic and cream are a match made in heaven.
Nutritional yeast- If you’re new to the plant based scene this isn’t yeast you’d use for baking bread, it’s a dried flake that adds a cheesy and nutty flavour to recipes. Get heaps in this recipe to thicken and give that lovely nutty undertone.
Protein Creamy Tofu Pasta
- 320 g block firm Tofu
- 1 heaped tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- Large pinch salt
- 250 ml pasta water
- 250 ml plant based milk
- 4 portions spaghetti
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 small shallots finely diced
- Glug olive oil
- 100 g spinach
- Blend all of the tofu mix together & set aside, the more black pepper the better
- Pop the spaghetti onto boil in heavily salted water
- Fry off the minced shallots and garlic in a pan with olive oil, after 4-5 minutes add the creamy sauce along with the 250ml pasta water and mix together, KEEP THE HEAT LOW. If the pan gets too hot it’ll ruin the sauce
- Add the cooked pasta, fresh spinach and mix together
- Top each bowl with more salt & pepper to taste and a glug of extra virgin olive oil