Spring time Pea and Leek Linguini Recipe
Perfect for a week night recipe, this leek loaded creamy linguini is ready in just 15 minutes. Be sure to load up the leeks, garlic and peas in this recipe for a good dose of veg.
What’s in the recipe?
Leeks-I’ve chosen leeks for the bulk of this recipe as they work so beautifully with the cream. Be sure to sweat them down with the garlic before adding the cream to get rid of the harsh flavour of the two.
Garlic- What better ingredient in a pasta dish than garlic? I’ve opted for two large cloves but feel free to make that just one clove if you’re not too keen on the flavour.
Vegan Cream- This is easy to find in supermarkets now which is great, I’ve opted for a single cream.
Linguini- If you don’t have linguini simply swap for spaghetti. Be sure to save a mug full of the pasta water to add to the creamy leeks as this helps thicken the sauce and give it a gorgeous shine.
Leek & Pea Linguini
- 1 large leek leafy green ends and all
- 3 cloves garlic
- 250 ml vegan cream
- Large pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 100 g frozen or fresh peas
- 2 servings of spaghetti or linguini
- Squeeze fresh lemon
- Start by chopping the chunky end of the leek into dice, then finely slice the leafy green ends, pop in a large pan with a drizzle of olive oil and the minced garlic
- In a separate pot add the spaghetti or linguini with boiling water and a large pinch of salt, bring to boil for around 12 minutes
- Sauté off the leeks and garlic for around 5 minutes before adding the cream, squeeze of lemon juice, salt and pepper and bring to a low simmer for around 10 minutes
- Save the a ladle full of pasta water and add to the pot with the cream and leeks, then pour in the frozen peas for the final 2 minutes
- Add in the cooked spaghetti / linguini and serve with a last pinch of salt and pepper to each dish