Vegan Cookie Sandwich Dipped in Chocolate
The ultimate vegan friendly chocolate chip cookie sandwich. Double layer of chocolate chip cookie sandwiched with biscoff spread and dipped in salted caramel chocolate. This cookie recipe can also be frozen and baked straight from the freezer for those evenings where you are craving a double layer chocolate chip cookie.
What’s in the recipe?
Chocolate Chips– I’ve used Happi salted caramel chocolate for this recipe along with the cacao nibs bar to make the chocolate chunks.
Crackd Vegan Egg Replacement- Using the egg replacement helps create a delicious gooey cookie that holds together really well.
Caster and Light Brown Sugar- A good mixture of light brown sugar and caster sugar helps create a beautiful golden colour and fine in texture.
Biscoff- Using biscoff to make the sandwich layer works really well with the crunch of the cookie. You can use a vegan chocolate spread instead.
Cookie Sandwich Layer
For the middle of the sandwich cookie I’ve used Biscoff spread as it’s vegan friendly. You can use a vegan chocolate spread or any other thick sweet spread of choice. Peanut butter will work if it’s a thick and smooth texture rather than runny.
I used around 1 heaped tbsp for each cookie filling then placed another cookie over the top to make the sandwich.
Melted chocolate layer
I used Happi Free From Salted Caramel for the chocolate layer. I simply melted it in the microwave but if you prefer a more traditional bain-marie, please use that technique. 80g was enough to create the edging on the chocolate chip cookies but if you want an extra thick layer you could always double dip then.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich
For the cookies
- 160 g dairy free butter room temperature
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 50 g golden caster sugar
- 220 g plain flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp Cracked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 bar of Happi Cacao Nibs cut into squares
For the middle:
- 3-4 tbsp caramel spread or chocolate spread I used Biscoff
- 1 bar of Happi Salted Caramel
- 3 tbsp sprinkles of choice
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Beat the vegan butter, caster sugar and brown sugar together then add the cracked egg replacement and vanilla extract and beat until smooth
- In a separate bowl mix the baking powder, bicarbonate and flour then add to the mixing bowl and mix until all smooth and combined
- Break up the Happi Cacao nibs bar and fold in
- Roll into balls until you have 10-12 cookies (needs to be an even number)
- Bake for 10 minutes, then when taking them out give them a tap on a hard surface to get the crackle effect
- Once cooled spread on a layer of chocolate or caramel spread on one side of the cookie, then take another cookie and layer on top to make the sandwich
- Melt the Happi Salted Caramel chocolate in a bowl and dip each cookie sandwich in to create the coating, add some sprinkles on top and leave to set
- Roll out the cookie balls and pop on a tray in the freezer, once frozen place into a ziplock bag ready to bake. Add 4-5 minutes onto baking time when cooking from frozen
- Using a flavoured chocolate, such as salted chocolate will really help make this cookie even more delicious.