Easy 15 Vegan Ravioli Soup, Creamy and 15 Minutes To Make
If you only have 15 minutes to make dinner, give this creamy ravioli soup a try, it’s vegan friendly too. You can find vegan ravioli in the supermarkets now which makes for a perfect addition in this delicious creamy soup. Instead of making a thicker cream sauce, I’ve made it into a delicious soup flavoured with parsley and garlic.
Garlic- I love using 3 cloves of garlic for this, mince or mash the garlic before you add to the pan.
Sage Leaves- Sage leaves work perfectly with cream (vegan cream too) so I’d recommend frying them in olive oil with the garlic to release the flavour.
Ravioli- It’s really easy to find vegan ravioli in shops now! Wicked kitchen have a range in Tesco, there’s Ugo which is available at Sainsbury’s and White Rabbit Pizza also have a range out now. It’s brilliant to have in the fridge for a quick dinner.
Asparagus- I think asparagus works beautifully with pasta and creamy soups. If asparagus isn’t in season you can swap for tenderstem broccoli, or if it’s in the winter why not add cubed and roasted butternut squash.
Salt & Pepper- Salt and pepper are so essential when creating a delicious pasta recipe. Add a good tsp of salt to the pasta water when boiling and be sure to add lots of cracked black pepper and sea salt to the soup.
Vegan Creamy Ravioli Soup
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 5 sage leaves
- 1 heaped tbsp vegan butter
- 6 asparagus spears
- 250 ml vegan single cream
- 500 ml stock*
- 250 g vegan ravioli*
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 lemon optional
- Start by mincing the garlic and roughly chopping the sage leaves, then add to a frying pan with the olive oil and fry for 2-3 mins
- Then add the vegan butter, asparagus and squeeze of 1/2 lemon, toss in the dried thyme and parsley and season with salt & pepper
- After a few minute add the stock and vegan cream, then add the vegan ravioli (it usually only takes a few minutes to cook)
- After a minute minutes of simmering taste test, adding a little more seasoning if needed, make sure the pasta is delicious and aldente
- Feel free to add spinach or Tenderstem for more gorgeous greens or just enjoy as it!
The vegan pasta I used used:
Ugo Thrive pumpkin & sage raviolini
If you like this recipe why not try my 12 Minute Roasted Red Pepper Pasta