Vegetable Noodles in Peanut Dressing
This noodle recipe is ready in less than 10 minutes and is possibly the easiest recipe to throw together! You just need a julienne peeler or a spiraliser (if you bought one in the hype back in 2015). The dressing is made of peanut butter and chilli with three types of noodles from rice to carrot and courgette (zucchini).
Breakdown of ingredients
Peanut Butter- I find using a smooth and runny peanut butter helps give the dressing a good texture. Brands such as Manilife, Meridian, Pip and Nut are all really good quality and delicious.
Courgette- Using courgette as a vegetable noodle works really well, giving a kind of crunchy noodle.
Carrot- Again, this makes a delicious vegetable noodle which adds a bit of crunch. Careful not to overcook them as they can go a little soggy.
Coconut milk- You don’t need to add this to the recipe however makes a delicious addition. It’s creamy and thickens the dressing to go a bit further. If you have coconut cream simply add a splash of boiling water and whisk to make it a coconut milk texture.
Sesame Oil- This is a key ingredient as it gives a beautiful nutty and toasted flavour to the dressing. You can even double up the portion to make the silkiest smooth dressing.
Toasted Peanuts – Using toasted peanuts to top adds a beautiful crunch in contrast to the silky smooth noodles. I like toasting them on a dry pan for around 4 minutes to make them taste absolutely delicious
Spring Onions – The fresh pop of flavour from the spring onions works really well with the creamy nutty dressing. I like adding around 4 stalks of spring onions, finely chopped.
10 Minute Peanut Vegetable Noodles
For the peanut dressing
- 3 tbsp peanut butter smooth and oily texture
- 1/2 squeeze lime
- 2 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 250 ml full fat coconut milk optional ingredient to make this creamier and thicker
For the Noodles
- 2 courgettes
- 2 carrots
- 80 g rice noodles I used vermicelli
- 1 tbsp toasted peanuts
- 4 spring onions finely chopped
To create the noodles
- Using a finely tooth julienne peeler create the noodles with the courgettes and carrots (or use a spiraliser if you have one from the crazy trend back in 2015)
- You can heat the rice noodles in hot water to loosen before adding to the pan, or just cook them straight in the dressing (depends how much washing up you want to do)
- For the dressing simply whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl then add to a pan to heat. Once the sauce has warmed add the noodles to the pan and stir through for around 5 minutes until the veg has softened slightly
- Garnish with the toasted peanuts and finely chopped spring onions