Let’s Make Thai Green Curried Beans
This vegan Thai Green Curried Beans recipe is so easy to make and perfect to use up beans and courgettes. It’s creamy, a little spicy with loads of flavour. The grated courgettes help thicken the sauce as well as adding in an extra portion of veg. Using a vegan Thai Green Curry paste to pack loads of flavour into this recipe without spending ages chopping and blending ingredients. Green Dragon has a really good vegan paste available in the U.K.
What Ingredients Do I Need?
White Beans- The perfect beans for this recipe is Bold Bean Co. They offer the tastiest beans with the bean stock going into recipes so no ingredients waste. They’re so creamy and tasty for recipes like this.
Courgettes- A hidden ingredient in this recipe is grated courgettes which offer a thickened sauce. It’s the perfect way to add an extra portion of veg whilst creating a thick and tasty curry.
Green Beans- We couldn’t get enough with just white beans so added green beans for texture. The tip is to cook them for only around 5 minutes so they stay crunchy.
Thai Green Curry Paste- There’s loads of options out there but if you’re keeping it plant based try Green Dragon’s paste.
Full Fat Coconut Milk- This helps keep the curry rich and delicious.
Don’t overcook- We don’t want this recipe turning to mush, so be careful not to overcook.
Serve with – crunchy toasted sourdough OR why not serve on the table with a pack of poppadoms for people to scoop.
If You Like This Recipe Why Not Try:
Curried Butter Beans
Thai Green Curried Beans
- 1 tsp neutral oil
- 400 g white beans I use Bold Bean for quality & to use the stock that comes in the jar
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 thumb sized pice of ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 120 g fine green beans
- 1 courgette grated
- 200 ml full fat coconut milk tinned
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 85 g Thai green curry paste green dragon is vegan friendly
- salt to taste
- Start by heating the oil in a large pan then finely chop the shallot, garlic and ginger, fry in the oil for a few minutes
- Add in the green curry paste and beans (along with the stock that comes in the jar) and stir through
- After a few minutes of frying pour in the coconut milk, green beans and grated courgette, season generously with salt and leave to bubble away for a few minutes
- Garnish with chilli flakes, taste test adding a little more seasoning if needed then serve up and enjoy
- Enjoy this with toasted and buttered sourdough or poppadoms for a crunchy texture