Let’s Make My One Pot Vegan Lasagne
This recipe is for all my fellow people who love a lasagne but can’t dedicate an hour and a half to cooking one.This easy vegan one pot lasagne recipe is ridiculously easy and quick to make. You wouldn’t think it’s in fact vegan without any fake cheese, it’s so cheesy and creamy. You break up the lasagne sheets and cook it on the hob for a quick 30 minute recipe.
What ingredients do I need?
Butter Beans- To bulk out this recipe we’re using butter beans. Incredibly creamy and soft they are a brilliant texture against the peppers and shallots.
Garlic and shallots- These two ingredients will give a great base, so be sure to use big chunky cloves of garlic for flavour.
Tamari- Tamari is just a gluten free soy sauce which you can find in almost every supermarket. It has a brilliant flavour and is my trusted ingredient for any recipe to give a ‘meaty’ flavour.
Bechamel sauce- There’s loads of vegan bechamel sauce options out there now, Sacla being one of them. This helps cut down cooking time without feeling like the recipe is ‘out of a jar’.
Break up the lasagne sheets- This helps them spread around the pan easier, makes it easier to serve and cuts down cooking time slightly.
Don’t forget to season- Good pasta dishes need to be seasoned so don’t forget the salt and pepper throughout!
Keep the lid on- To get a nice even cook through the pasta sheets be sure to pop a lid on the pot, it also reduces cooking time.
If you like this recipe why not try:
One Pot Vegan Lasagne
- 2 shallots sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic finely chopped
- 400 g tinned butterbeans
- 2 tsbp tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- 2 bell peppers
- 400 g tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp mixed Italian herbs
- 350 g white sauce / bechamel sauce (sacla do a vegan version)
- 10 g fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast (not to be confused with actual yeast!)
- 4-5 lasagne sheets roughly broken up
- Start by chopping the shallots, garlic and peppers then pop into a large pot with a drizzle of olive oil, fry off for around 5 minutes
- Add in the mixed Italian herbs, tamari, drained butter beans and tinned tomatoes, fill the empty tin with water and also add to the pot, season with salt and leave to simmer for another 5 minutes minutes
- spoon on the white sauce followed by the broken up lasagne sheets and submerge so they are coated in the sauce, pop the lid on the pot and leave to simmer for around 15 minutes or until the lasagne sheets are cooked
- Top with the chopped fresh basil an additional pinch of salt and pepper and a scattering of nutritional yeast and enjoy
- You may need to add a little more water to loosen the stock - I've recommended filling the 400ml empty tin of tomatoes, but feel free to add a splash more as the lasagne sheets will absorb quite a bit.
- Season as you go, salt and pepper is your best friend in this recipe.
- Garnish with fresh basil - it makes all the difference!