Ultimate Gochujang Pasta
If you’ve made my gochujang pasta, you need to give this recipe a go. It’s the ultimate gochujang creamy spaghetti recipe you have to cook. It’s the perfect mix of flavours with the toasted seeds, to the zingy lime, to the spicy sauce. The best thing is this pasta recipe is all vegan.
What’s different about the Ultimate Gochujang Pasta to your Classic one?
This has slightly more ingredients and takes around 5 minutes more to make but it is WORTH IT. The blend of lime juice, toasted sunflower seeds, spice from the paste and silky cream makes the perfect balance.
What do you need?
Gochujang Paste- This is a Korean sun dried chilli paste. It’s slightly spicy and works perfectly in sauces. Pairing this one with cream and basil to balance against the heat, it’s one of the most delicious combinations.
Vegan Cream- Using Elmlea plant based cream for this recipe. If you’re from America, a half and half cream would be perfect for this recipe.
Spaghetti- This pasta is great for capturing all of that delicious sauce. This recipe isn’t strict, you can use any pasta shape you have at hand.
Lime- This is such a key ingredient. The acidity cuts through the spice and cream giving a more balanced palette of flavour.
Toasted Sunflower Seeds- To help give a rounded flavour, the nutty flavour from the toasted seeds really help balance everything out.
Other Gochujang Recipes:
Try My 5 Minute Gochujang Noodle Recipe
Ultimate Gochujang Pasta
- 4 portions of spaghetti around 500g
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion
- 100 g tomatoes
- 200 ml pasta water
- Large pinch salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp Gochujang paste
- 250 ml vegan single cream elmlea
- 1/2 lime squeezed
- Top with:
- 100 g sunflower seeds toasted
- 25 g fresh basil
- Add a pot of salted water to the boil, wait until bubbling then add the spaghetti, cook for around 10-12 minutes (you want the pasta al dente)
- Finely chop the onion then add to a pan with a drizzle of olive oil and fry on a low heat, throw in the tomatoes and whilst they cook, chop the garlic cloves and add to the pan
- After a few minutes of frying add the gochujang paste along with the vegan cream and mix together, then take a ladle of the pasta water and add to the mix (this should be around 150-200ml of water) whisk together
- Smush the tomatoes with the back of a fork after around 5 minutes of frying, squeeze in the lime juice, salt and pepper before adding the drained pasta to the pot
- Meanwhile add the sunflower seeds to a pan and toast lightly, prepare the basil by finely chopping
- Once the pasta is glossy and coated in the sauce, add over the toasted sunflower seeds and chopped basil, garnish with cracked black pepper and enjoy
- Don't forget the pasta water, it's important to make a glossy pasta sauce.