Let’s Make Creamy Italian White Beans
This creamy Italian inspired White Bean recipe is vegan friendly, easy to make and doesn’t need any cream. The delicious sauce is made from roasted red peppers, garlic, herbs and white beans. Give this cheap and easy recipe a go for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
What ingredients do I need?
Butter Beans- The BEST beans going, are from Bold Bean Co. You can use the juice that comes in the jar of beans which makes the most creamy delicious stock. I didn’t think there would be much of a difference between cheaper beans in a tin, but there really is. I’ve noticed a big difference (that doesn’t leave you bloated and ready to explode).
Roasted Red Peppers- To make the thick creamy white Italian beans sauce we need roasted red peppers as well as garlic cloves. This blends with a few of the butter beans and makes a delicious sauce you can use over pasta or the rest of the beans.
Fresh Basil- The basil adds loads of flavour to the dish, so try not to skip this part!
Dried Herbs- the sauce requires dried oregano as well as dried thyme. It gives a great flavour with the roasted peppers and garlic.
Good quality beans- The trick of this recipe is using good quality beans. There’s such a difference in texture, taste and quality. Even the stock that comes within the jar can be used. It helps create a really thick and creamy stock.
Season well- To make a delicious creamy white Italian white beans sauce it needs good seasoning. Don’t refrain from adding a good pinch of salt in each stage.
If you like this recipe why not try:
Creamy Italian White Beans
- 700 g Butter beans Bold Bean Co is the best!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 romano red peppers
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 70 g spinach
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- handful fresh basil
- Start by preheating the oven to 200ºC (fan) slice the peppers then place into an oven proof dish along with the garlic cloves, drizzle in olive oil, salt, dried oregano and thyme then pop in the oven for 20 minutes
- Once the peppers and garlic have roasted, add them to a blender along with around 300g of the white beans (including the juice that comes in the jar) and blend together until smooth and creamy, you may need to loosen the stock with a splash of water
- In a large pan, add a drizzle of olive oil, then empty the rest of the butter beans, then stir in that delicious creamy sauce, stir through and season with salt
- Roughly chop the spinach and add to the pot along with the fresh basil, sprinkle with chilli flakes and enjoy