Sun-Dried Tomato Spaghetti Recipe
A delicious summery pasta recipe that’s creamy and vegan friendly. Using Sun-dried tomato and lemon with the spaghetti, this recipe is simple and easy. Ready in less than 20 minutes from prep to table, I love making this on a week night when there aren’t many ingredients in the fridge.
What Ingredients do I need for Sun-dried Tomato Spaghetti?
Spaghetti- You can use any pasta you like, but I love using spaghetti or linguini for this.
Lemon- I use 1/2 large lemon juiced for this recipe, but a good tip is to grate off some of the zest to add to the pan for an extra kick.
Sun-dried Tomato- Full of umami and deliciousness, these little pockets of flavour are perfect in this dish. I just chop them up roughly when adding to the pan.
Pasta Water- I’m listing this as a whole recipe ingredient as it’s so important to add to the stock to help it get that lovely silky texture to the pasta when stirring through. It’ll make sure everything stays silky smooth, no dry sticky pasta here.
Fresh Basil- This is another key ingredient, when keeping a recipe simple you need your flavours to pop. I’ve added around 20g of fresh basil to this recipe to really get the flavour through.
Vegan Cream- I’ve used Asda’s single cream (vegan) but you can use which ever brand you have at hand, Oatly, Alpro, Own brand etc…
Spaghetti & Cooking Notes
Don’t overcook the pasta, add it straight to boiling, salted water and season generously before serving.
Add a squeeze of lemon to each bowl just before serving
Black pepper is the secret star of the show, don’t be scared to add a really generous portion of cracked black pepper to make this recipe pop.
Sundried Tomato & Lemon Spaghetti
- 2 portions of spaghetti you be the boss of how much
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 4-5 Sundried tomatoes finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 25 g fresh basil chopped
- handful fresh parsley chopped
- 150 ml vegan cream
- Around 200ml pasta water SHE’S IMPORTANT!
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- Generous pinch of black pepper and salty season when cooking and serving
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for around 8-10 minutes
- Fry off the onion, garlic and tomatoes first before adding the cream, chopped herbs, pasta water, lemon and cooked pasta
- Season whilst cooking and just before serving
- Serve with fresh basil leaves and enjoy