Garlic Creamy Spaghetti Squash Recipe
This garlic creamy spaghetti squash vegan recipe is perfect for autumn using seasonal ingredients, loads of garlic and vegan cream. If you haven’t seen Spaghetti squash in the U.K it’s starting to become more accessible in the shops & greengrocers. Once roasted, you can use a fork to pull apart at the squash flesh inside which makes ‘noodle’ like spaghetti that works perfect with the filling.
What’s in the recipe?
Spaghetti Squash- Keep your eye out for this type of squash, it’s usually got a yellow skin, but the one in this recipe has green. It pulls apart like skinny spaghetti noodles on the inside.
Garlic- With 2 cloves per portion, this recipe is packed with flavour and perfect for pairing with this roasted squash.
Vegan Cream- The best way to make the most of squash it pairing with garlic and cream. You can find vegan cream in most supermarkets these days. If you’re from the U.S I’m using a cream that is similar to your ‘half and half’ cream.
Crispy Sage Leaves- Fried in garlic until crispy, the sage leaves work beautifully with this recipe. Don’t forget to add this in your version at home.
Tips for the perfect Garlic Creamy Vegan Spaghetti Squash
Roast face down on a baking tray for around 30 minutes, then flip over to bake for the final 20 minutes.
Use a fork to pull apart the inside of the squash t create the ‘spaghetti’ like strands before adding the creamy sauce.
Don’t forget to fry off the sage leaves in the olive oil first, then set aside, add on top before serving and enjoy.
Garlic Creamy Vegan Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 sage leaves
- 4 clovces garlic minced
- 50 g grated vegan cheese
- 250 ml vegan cream if U.S use 'half and half'
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Start by preheating the oven to 200ºC (fan), half the spaghetti squash, remove the stringy middle with the seeds, drizzle each half in olive oil, top with salt, place on roasting tray face down then roast for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile add a glug of the olive oil to a frying pan, place on a medium - high heat before adding the sage leaves and fry until crispy, put in a bowl and set aside
- Save that oil in the pan then add the minced garlic and fry on a low heat until cooked, then pour in the vegan cream and grated vegan cheese and stir on a low heat until thickened
- Once the squash has roasted for 30 minutes, turn over so the inside is facing up then roast for a further 15 minutes
- Remove from the oven and using a fork pull at the roasted squash flesh to create the spaghetti like texture, pour in the creamy mixture, sprinkle salt, sage leaves, pepper and chilli flakes on top then pop back in the oven for 5-10 minutes
- Enjoy eating straight out of the squash
If you like this recipe why not try my Truffled Cheesy Pasta