Crispy Vegan Potatoes with Pepper and Garlic
These roasted crispy vegan potatoes are incredible as they’re been tossed in a homemade roasted red pepper and garlic sauce to give them so much flavour. This easy recipe is air-fryer friendly. You need to try this vegan friendly recipe when cooking at the next bbq o when batch cooking.
What’s in these Crispy Vegan Potatoes?
It’s not exactly news that roasted potatoes are vegan friendly, but they are a delicious recipe to make for people to prove plant based is anything but boring.
Potatoes- To get them nice and crispy we need a hot oven, lots of oil and salt.
Roasted Red Peppers- I’ve used the roasted peppers you get in the antipasti jars however you can stick two bell peppers on the baking tray along with the potatoes to make the sauce.
Garlic- Using garlic powder within the sauce, this is store cupboard friendly however you can use fresh garlic if preferred.
Crispy Vegan Potatoes with Roasted Pepper and Garlic
- 1 kg potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried sage
For the sauce:
- 3 roasted red peppers or use 1/2 jar of the antipasti roasted peppers
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC (fan) and drizzle olive oil on two baking trays
- Peel and chop the potatoes as shown in the video, add the dried rosemary and sage, salt and toss in the oil, place in the oven for around 30 minutes
- Meanwhile prepare the roasted pepper and garlic sauce by mixing all of the ingredients together in a blender and blitz until smooth
- Once the potatoes have roasted for 35 minutes, toss in the pepper and garlic sauce then pop back in the oven for a further 15-20 minutes