Easiest 5 Minute Vegan Hummus Pasta Recipe
An easy 5 minute vegan hummus pasta recipe, using a 5 ingredients. Ready in the time it takes for the spaghetti to cook, this recipe is perfect for week night meals. You can easily bulk up the recipe with more vegetables such as spinach, roasted peppers and tomatoes.
What’s in this easy vegan hummus pasta?
Hummus- Any shop bought hummus will work for this recipe. It does help to have a creamier hummus, but this recipe has been tested with the cheapest and more expensive brands, and still works. You may need a little more pasta water to loosen it up, depending on your preference.
Spaghetti- For this recipe, spaghetti mops up that delicious hummus sauce, but any past shape works for this recipe.
Fresh chives and basil- These two herbs work perfectly with the hummus as they give loads of flavour. A sharp but delicious flavour from the chives really works with the fragrant basil.
Season well- The tip to good pasta is season at all stages. Season the water before adding the pasta, season the hummus mix, taste test and add a little more before serving if needed.
Cooking tips for pasta:
Pasta water- Is essential to make the sauce glossy and silky in texture. It helps add a little starch to the sauce which thickens as well as binds it together. Recommended 180ml for this, but it’s helpful to take a large mug full of water so you can add a little more if needed.
Add the pasta to boiling water- This is a good tip to get good pasta, you want the water salted and bubbling.
Add lemon juice- There’s an option to add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for this recipe to add a little sharpness.
5 Minute Vegan Hummus Pasta
- 2 portions spaghetti around 110g
- 180 g hummus
- 10 g chopped fresh chives
- 10 g chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt & pepper
- Start by bringing a pot of water to boil, add a generous pinch of salt, when bubbling, add the spaghetti
- Prep the hummus by adding to a large bowl with the chopped fresh herbs, olive oil, oregano and stir together until combines
- Add in around 180ml of the pasta water (save extra pasta water to add if too thick)
- Add the drained spaghetti, stir through and season with salt, pepper, chilli flakes, you may need to add a little extra pasta water if too thick