The Ultimate Bonfire Night Carrot Hot Dog
The ultimate vegan bonfire night carrot hot dog recipe using. It’s such a simple plant based recipe. At first I was skeptical of carrots as hot dogs but they give the perfect crunch and flavour to this recipe!
I’m teaming up with Holy Moly Dips to celebrate the launch of their new Smoky Red Pepper and Tomato Salsa, which works so well with these dogs!
What’s in the recipe?
Carrots Hot Dogs- It doesn’t seem like it’ll work but I highly recommend trying this swap. I’d put off making carrot hot dogs due to thinking it would be a bit of a faff but it couldn’t be easier! Just poach the carrots, glaze in the butter mix and roast. They have a brilliant crunch to them as well as the smoky but sweet flavour.
Holy Moly Salsa- As mentioned earlier the new Red Pepper and Tomato salsa is my favourite to accompany with the carrots as it brings out the flavours that are in the marinade. I’ve also used their classic Tomato and Mango salsa for a fruitier topping too.
Gherkins- You need that sharp pop of vinegary tang with every good hot dog so be sure to load up those gherkins.
Mayo dressing- I’ve made a very simple mix of vegan mayo with gherkin juice, dill and parsley to make a herby combo.
Bonfire Night Carrot Hot Dogs
- 3-4 carrots
- 3-4 hot dog buns
- 1 stock cube
For the glaze
- 3 tbsp vegan butter melted
- 1 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt to season
- Holy Moly Smoky Red Pepper & Tomato Salsa & their Tomato and Mango Salsa
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo*
- 3 gherkins finely chopped
- Simply poach the carrots for 3-4 minutes in the stock cube and water
- Melt the butter glaze mix together and cover the carrots in a paper wrap, then pinch the baking parchment around to make a little basket, repeat with the carrots then bake at 200ºC for around 25 minutes
- Make the mayo dressing by simply mixing the ingredients together and prepping the gherkins
- Layer up the hotdog buns with the mayo, carrot dogs then top with your Holy Moly dip of choice.
If you like this recipe why not try my Pumpkin Halloween Filled Pies