5 Ingredient Vegan Creamy Pasta
Easy 5 Ingredient Creamy Vegan Pasta. Think of this as the same category as a carbonara (but definitely not authentic). It’s creamy, silky, smokey from the vegan bacon and delicious. For this recipe to taste delicious, you need to season as you go. When using 5 main ingredients you want to make sure you’ve got good flavour coming through each.
What’s needed to make this vegan creamy pasta?
Vegan Cream Cheese- To get a really easy creamy pasta sauce using a cream cheese such as Nush, will be a quick and simply hack. Don’t forget to add pasta water to get the silkiest of pasta sauces, it’s an essential step!
Garlic-To get a delicious rich flavour you want around 3 cloves for this recipe, dice them nice and finely to stop anyone chewing down on a large piece.
Vegan Bacon- This gives a really smokey flavour to this recipe. This recipe uses This brand but you can use what you have to hand. Dice it nice and fine to get little pieces through the recipe.
Salt and pepper- this is essential to the recipe to bring out the flavours. Salt the pot of water before adding the pasta, salt the sauce and taste test along the way. Lots and lots of cracked black pepper will help tie together the creamy sauce and smokey ‘bacon’.
Pasta water- The tip to get creamy silky pasta every time is adding in a bit of the pasta water. Certain sauced will require more water so be sure to take a mug full and add as much or as little as you need.
Season – A good pasta dish has salt. Don’t be scared to add salt to the water to when cooking the pasta, and don’t be scared to salt the sauce. Cracked black pepper is also essential for this recipe, a good pinch of this whilst cooking and before serving too.
5 Ingredient Creamy Vegan Pasta
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 rashers vegan bacon diced
- 2 portions spaghetti around 200g
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 120 g vegan cream cheese I use Nush
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp dried parsley or freshly chopped basil
- Start by bringing a pot of salted water to boil before adding the spaghetti
- Finely chop the garlic and vegan bacon then add to a large pot with the olive oil, fry on a low-medium heat
- Once the garlic and vegan bacon has fried off add the cream 'cheese' with around 150ml of the pasta water
- Drain the rest of the water from the spaghetti then add to the pot with the cream cheese mix
- Season generously with salt and pepper, this is key to getting a good flavour
- Add in the dried or fresh herbs, stir through and enjoy