Simple 15 Minute Garlic Pasta Recipe
Vegan friendly and easy to make, this 15 minute garlic pasta recipe is perfect for mid week cooking. If you just have a few key ingredients you can create this at home. You will need garlic, tomatoes, pasta and tenderstem and seasoning to make this.
What’s in the recipe?
Garlic- I’ve opted for about 3 large cloves, or if you’re using a much smaller garlic bulb go for around 4-5. The aim is to have a beautiful garlic flavour so don’t be afraid to go heavy!
Pasta- I chose rigatone pasta for this recipe as I love the way the filling seeps into the tube and gives a pop of flavour with every bite. You can use any pasta you have to hand, this will work!
Tomatoes- I find fresh tomatoes work a lot better with this recipe. It’s pretty versatile for whichever kind of tomatoes you have but I love using smaller tomatoes such as cherry, piccolino or roma.
Seasoning- I’ve used marjoram, parsley and thyme for this recipe. Marjoram has a gorgeous spice to it, perfect in recipes such as this. It’s not as strong as chilli but gives a slight punch. If you don’t have marjoram substitute for 1/2 tsp oregano.
Tips and Tricks
Pasta Water- Save some of the pasta water, usually a good ladle full (between 100-200ml) to mix in with the tomatoes. It’ll help create a delicious silky smooth texture to coat all of the pasta.
Season heavily- The trick to good pasta is heavily seasoning the pot of boiling water, seasoning whilst cooking and just before serving. Pasta also loves cracked black pepper so be generous with that too!
Thicker sauce? If you like loads of sauce to your pasta, double up the tomatoes to 600g.
15 Minute Easy Garlic Pasta
- 130 g pasta
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 7 Tenderstem
- 300 g tomatoes
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- 100 ml pasta water
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- 1 tbsp pine nuts optional
- Start by frying the chopped garlic cloves in olive oil for 2 mins
- Add the roughly chopped tomatoes and seasoning and leave to fry
- Meanwhile whack a seasoned pot of water on to boil and add the dried pasta, after about 8 mins add the roughly chopped Tenderstem
- Mash the tomatoes into the garlic and add the tomato purée, mix together
- Once the pasta is aldente, drain (leaving a good ladle full of pasta water) and add to the pan of tomatoes and garlic
- Stir together, taste and season generously with salt & pepper again
- Top with nutritional yeast and pine nuts if you’re feeling fancy, otherwise ENJOY!
If you like this recipe why not try my Garlic, Tomato & Veg 15 Minute Pasta