Easy 15 Minute Hummus Linguine
This simple and easy vegan hummus linguine recipe is perfect for week night recipes. It takes just 15 minutes to make, only a few ingredients and can easily be altered to fit what is in season / what you have in your fridge.
What ingredients do I need for this hummus pasta?
Linguine- This pasta is perfect for creamy dishes like this one. It is thicker than spaghetti and one of my favourites to use.
Hummus- You can use home made, shop bought, whatever you have at hand. Using a cheap pot (like I have in this recipe) will mean you might need a little more pasta water to make the sauce creamier. If you’re using home made you might not need as much pasta water to get the same texture.
Garlic- There is never enough garlic in a pasta recipe, using three cloves to get a delicious flavour across.
Courgette- This vegetable is in season at the moment so perfect for adding to recipes, however feel free to use whatever vegetable is in season. This could work with mushrooms or roasted squash.
Pasta Water- The most important thing to remember is to heavily salt the pot of water just before adding the pasta. Allow the water to get to a bubbling state then add in the pasta. SAVE THAT PASTA WATER! I usually get a mug, fill it with the pasta water to add to the sauce, this way I can add a little more if it needs it.
Hummus- Depending on what hummus you use for this recipe will determine how much pasta water you need for this.
Season and Flavour- Adding dried herbs can mean you may need to add a little more then if they were fresh herbs. If you’re swapping dried dill for fresh I would use around 2 stalks of dill finely chopped. Season generously with salt and pepper as this is key for any good pasta recipe
15 Minute Hummus Linguine
- 2 portions linguine Around 200g
- 200 g hummus store bought or fresh
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 1 courgette diced
- 100 g tomatoes
- 200 ml pasta water
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried dill
- salt and pepper
- Start by bringing a pot of water to the boil, salt the water then add in the linguine, cook for around 10 minutes
- In a large pot fry off the onion, courgette, tomatoes and garlic with a drizzle of olive oil for around 7 minutes before adding in dried herbs, salt and pepper
- Add in the hummus and pasta water to the pot of veggies
- Drain off the pasta (save some more of the pasta water in case the sauce needs it) then add to the pot with the veggies, stir together
- Season with salt and pepper and serve piping hot
If you like this recipe why not try my Sun Dried Tomato Pasta Soup