Creamy Garlic and Mushroom Tagliatelle
This oyster mushroom and garlic tagliatelle is creamy, delicious and ready in 15 minutes. You can easily swap the mushrooms to the type you have at hand. It makes two huge portions with a little leftover for lunch.
What’s in the recipe?
Mushrooms- I’ve used a mix of oyster and shiitake mushrooms in this recipe, however you can use chestnut, portobello or cup. Any will work for this, it helps to have 2 or 3 different types to add different textures.
Tagliatelle- I’ve chosen tagliatelle as it works perfect at holding lots of that delicious creamy sauce, however any pasta will work with this recipe.
Garlic- I like using 5 cloves for this recipe as it really works with the cream, however if you’re not a huge fan of garlic use 3 cloves instead.
Garlic and Mushroom Tagliatelle
- 200 g tagliatelle
- 300 g wild mushrooms
- 5 cloves garlic or 3 large cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 250 ml vegan single cream I use Oatly
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Ladle pasta water 250ml
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil or oregano to top
- Salt & Pepper for garnishing
- Get a pot of water on to boil, heavily salt then add the tagliatelle, and bubble for 10-12 minutes
- Roughly chop the mushrooms and finely dice the garlic cloves. Add the garlic to a frying pan with the olive oil, fry for 1-2 minutes then add the mushrooms and tamari, continue to fry
- Add in the dried herbs, after a few minutes when the mushrooms have browned off add the vegan single cream and drop the heat to low, to make sure the cream doesn't curdle
- Heavily season the creamy mushrooms with salt and pepper and add a ladle full of the pasta water, mix
- Drain the cooked tagliatelle and add to the creamy mushrooms and stir until coated, top with fresh oregano or basil, plate up and serve with a little more salt and pepper to top