Vegan Double-Baked Potatoes
These Vegan Double-Baked Loaded Potatoes are easy to make, just need a few simple ingredients and are delicious. The ultimate vegan comfort food. If twice-baked potatoes are your thing then get ready to enjoy this vegan masterpiece.
What’s in these loaded double-baked potatoes?
Potatoes- For this recipe there are 5-6 medium sized potatoes, but feel free to scale this recipe up or down depending on how many people you are serving.
Olive oil- The key to crispy potatoes is lots of olive oil and salt on the skins.
Garlic- The roasted garlic in this recipe is the perfect pop of flavour to the filling. Simply roast, then squeeze into the filling and mix together.
Fresh Herbs- I’ve used fresh basil but you can use fresh dill or parsley for this recipe.
Pop in the microwave first- This really helps the inside soften to spend less time in the oven. Remember the prod the potatoes with a fork first.
Drizzle the skins in oil and salt-To get a lovely crispy skin, olive oil and salt helps it go crunchy.
Make sure the butter melts into the filling- You don’t have to use room temp vegan butter for this to work, just mix into the hot potato filling until it melts in.
Vegan Double-Baked Loaded Potatoes
- 5-6 medium sized potatoes
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the filling:
- Roughly mashed potato
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 10 g freshly chopped basil
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 80 g grated vegan cheese
- 2 finely chopped spring onions
- Cracked black pepper to season
- Start by piercing the potatoes then pop in the microwave for 8 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (fan)
- Transfer the hot potatoes onto a baking tray, drizzle each potato in olive oil and a pinch of salt, chop the head off a bulb of garlic, drizzle with olive oil, place between the potatoes then pop in the oven for 35 minutes
- Once the potatoes have roasted, slice in half then scoop out the middle into a large mixing bowl, then add the empty potato skins back into the oven whilst you make the filling
- In the large bowl with the potato, add in all of the filling ingredients along with the roasted garlic (squeeze out of the skin) mix together until combined (save a little vegan cheese to top each potato with)
- Take the potato skins out of the oven and add the filling to each one, sprinkle with the saved bit of vegan cheese then bake for a further 10-15 minutes
If you like this recipe why not try my Smashed Potatoes with Garlic Dip