Easy Sticky Sriracha Tofu Recipe
This sticky sriracha tofu recipe is perfect for meal prepping or when you have less than 30 minutes to make a meal. It’s vegan friendly and will give you perfect sticky tofu every time. I share tips on how to get the crispiest tofu chunks before adding the sticky sauce to give you the ultimate vegan tofu recipe.
What’s in the recipe?
Tofu- It helps to drain the tofu, give it a little squeeze with a tea towel to help drain off that excess liquid and tear into bite size chunks. Toss in cornflour before frying on a high heat, this way it’ll get a lovely crispy texture to the tofu. Then add in the sauce and continue to fry on a high heat to get that lovely sticky texture.
Sriracha- To make this a sticky sriracha tofu recipe we need the key ingredient. This recipe works with either spicy sriracha or sriracha mayo, whatever your favourite.
Tamari- This is such an important ingredients, it’s got a umami flavour to it. Tamari is actually a gluten free soy sauce but I think the flavour is actually better than soy.
Grated Ginger- This is a delicious punch of flavour to the recipe, either finely chop or grate into the sauce.
Tofu- A good non stick pan makes all the difference to your tofu staying sticky, or sticking to the pan. Tossing it in cornflour really helps give the tofu a crispy coating so make sure to toss in the flour, fry on a high heat until crispy then add the sauce.
Add the sauce- Once you’ve added the sauce you only need to fry on a high heat for a few more minutes.
Sticky Sriracha Tofu
- 375 g tofu
- 3 tbsp cornflour
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sriracha / sriracha mayo
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp mirin optional
For the bowl:
- 2 portions sticky rice around 120g
- 120 g tenderstem
- 50 g fine green beans
- sprinkle garlic powder
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- Start by draining the tofu, press with a kitchen towel then tear into bite size chunks, toss in a bowl with the cornflour until coated
- Place a non stick wok on a high heat (option to add sesame oil to fry) once hot add in the tofu chunks and fry until crispy
- Meanwhile prep the rice by washing, adding to a pot and just covering with water, bring to boil then turn the heat down allowing to steam for the final 8 minutes or so
- Prepare the sauce by simply mixing the ingredients together (save a little of that grated ginger to add to the green beans later) then pour over the crispy tofu and fry on a high heat for 2 minutes, set aside in a bowl
- Add the chopped green beans and tenderstem to the wok used to fry the tofu with the garlic powder, tamari and fresh ginger and fry on a high heat for a few minutes before serving with the sticky rice and tofu, add over chopped spring onions and enjoy