Lazy 5 Minute Gochujang and Peanut Butter Noodle Recipe
Ready in just 5 minutes, these vegan Gochujang and Peanut Butter Noodles are perfect for a lazy dinner or lazy lunch. You could even take these to work, simply add the ingredients to a tupperwear box, then add in the noodles and boiling water. This recipe is perfect for those nights where you cannot be bothered to cook.
What’s in these Gochujang and Peanut Butter Noodles?
Instant ramen noodles- Full of flavour and ready in just 2 minutes these noodles are perfect for this recipe. Simply boil water, add to a pot, add the flavour packet and cook for a few minutes.
Gochujang- This Korean sun-dried chilli paste is full of spice and flavour, perfect for adding to noodles.
Peanut Butter- This not only thickens the sauce but adds a really nutty, full flavour to the recipe.
Tamari or Soy Sauce- Think umami when you think of tamari. It’s a gluten free soy sauce but I prefer the flavour and add it to most recipes.
Take to work: You could even take these to work, simply add the ingredients to a large container, then add in the noodles and boiling water.
Make sure there is noodle water- To get silky smooth noodles, you want to make sure there is a bit of water leftover from boiling them, this helps thicken the sauce too.
5 Minute Gochujang and Peanut Butter Noodles
- 2 packs of ramen noodles
- 1 tsp Gochujang paste
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- juice of 1/2 small lime
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Start by boiling the kettle, add the two packets of noodles to a pot with the boiling water and flavour packets, allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes until cooked
- If adding the tenderstem, roughly chop then add to a frying pan along with the ingredients and fry on a high heat for 3 -4 minutes
- Meanwhile add the gochujang, peanut butter, garlic powder, tamari and sesame oil to a large bowl and whisk together
- Take a ladle full of the water from the noodles (around 180ml) and add to the peanut sauce to loosen, then add the drained cooked noodles and mix together
- Top with the spring onion and chilli flakes and enjoy
If you like this recipe why not try my 10 Minute Instant Noodles Hack