Tortellini and Red Pesto Soup Recipe
Ready in less than 15 minutes, vegan friendly and a delicious pasta soup recipe. This recipe is really easy and quick to make, packed with flavour just using a few key ingredients.
What’s in the recipe?
Tortellini – I’ve used a new one from Waitrose which is vegan friendly. If you’re not using tortellini, use your favourite pasta parcels. If you’re just using plain pasta, be sure to add some kind of vegan friendly pancetta or chorizo to fry off at the start to give it a depth of flavour.
Red Pesto- I’ve added red pesto to this recipe to give it flavour and that gorgeous red colour. Be sure to garnish each bowl with a drizzle of this on top too!
Stock-I just use boiling water and a vegetable stock cube mixed together for a really simple and cheap stock.
Cavolo Nero- You can use any kind of leafy green for this, if you prefer spinach or kale, swap for that. Be sure to cut it into smallish pieces so it’s easy to digest.
Follow me on Instagram and TikTok
Tortellini and Red Pesto Soup
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 4 stalks cavolo Nero de-stalked
- 800 ml boiling water + stock cube
- 250 g vegan tortellini I used the new Waitrose one
- 2 tbsp red pesto sub for regular pesto
- 1 tsp dried basil thyme and sage
- Dice the carrot, onion and add to a deep pan with a glug of olive oil, season with salt and fry for around five minutes
- Add in the minced garlic and cavolo Nero and fry for a few minutes before stirring in the tomato paste and a splash of water, stir together
- Add in the stock and dried herbs, bring to a boil for a few minutes before adding the tortellini and red pesto, cook for around 5 minutes or until the pasta is aldente
- Garnish each bowl full with salt and pepper and a final drizzle of red pesto