Who fancies a falfel?
I've found many a falafel a bit of a flail, with flakey and (I've ran out of alliteration) crumbly texture, so I decided to make a recipe using sweet potato. Moist and full of flavour these falafels will hit the spot!
- 2 Small Sweet Potatoes
- ½ Cup Chickpea Flour
- 1 tsp Tamari
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- ¼ tsp each of: Chili Flakes, Black Pepper, Smoked Paprika, Oregano, Garlic Powder & a pinch of Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C and lightly grease a baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil
- Chop the sweet potatoes into approx. 3cm cubes and gently boil for 15 minutes until soft.
- Drain the sweet potato and allow to cool then place in a food processor with all the other ingredients and blend
- Roll the mix into small balls and place on the baking tray with space between each
- Place in the oven for around 20-25 minutes (until the outer edge has hardened)