Delicious Roasted Pepper Pasta in 12 Minutes?
This roasted pepper pasta with wild mushrooms is so simple, just pop the pasta onto boil, blitz the roasted pepper ingredients and mix together! Perfect for mid week meals, this is super speedy, creamy and vegan friendly. Can be easily made gluten free by just swapping to a GF pasta. This can be ready in 15 minutes when using jarred peppers, even better for a speedy vegan recipe.
Let’s get into the recipe
Roasted Peppers- For this recipe I’ve used a jar of antipasti roasted peppers preserved in olive oil. It works perfectly for this, it’s full of flavour and absolutely perfect to blitz into a thick creamy sauce.
Vegan Cream- I used oatly cream which is like a single cream in texture, two cartons of this will work if you’re doubling this up to serve 4 people.
Dried herbs- This is what helps keep the recipe super speedy, I’ve used thyme, parsley, marjoram, oregano however you can used a mix of Herbs Da Province if that’s easier. It’s a very forgiving recipe.
Penne Pasta- I’ve used penne but honestly, ANY pasta will work. GF option if you need it to be!
Pasta water- Don’t forget to add a good ladle of the pasta water to the sauce, it’ll help it stay smooth and creamy and not too thick
Wild Mushrooms- Using wild mushrooms adds so much texture to this pasta recipe, but you can easily swap for chestnut or cup. Using a shiitake or a chanterelle mushroom gives a beautiful umami flavour to this recipe.
Roasted Pepper & Wild Mushroom Pasta
For the sauce:
- 300 g jar roasted red peppers
- 250 ml vegan single cream
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tap parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Large pinch salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp marjoram optional
- 200 g wild mushrooms 1 tbsp tamari to fry in
- 2 portions cooked pasta plus ladle of pasta water for the sauce
- Pot a pot of water onto boil with 2 portions of penne pasta + a generous pinch of salt
- Roughly chop the wild mushrooms then pop them to fry in a deep pan with the tamari (and garlic if you're adding a clove)
- Blitz all of the sauce ingredients together in a food processor or blender then add to the mushrooms once they've fried for around 5 minutes
- Save a ladle of the pasta water and add to the pan with the sauce, mix together
- Add the cooked drained pasta, season heavily with salt and pepper, top with fresh basil (optional) and enjoy
- Save a ladle of the seasoned pasta water to add into the sauce to help it stay creamy and not too thick
- Fry off the mushrooms in the tamari, add a clove of garlic if you love garlic!